Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Catch My Breath

Hey Everyone

So yeah, what have I been up to? Why have I been silent for so long?

First things first: my computer finally gave up the ghost. It had a little bit of a meltdown and replacing a few parts wasn't going to cut it. So I have a new computer. I hadn't planned for that, but I'll work it out in the long run. So I could get back to writing but...

I have been travelling, all for work unfortunately. I work every day in March (roll on Easter, my first break) and much of that has been interstate. I have had the opportunity to see some great country but the days are long and the nights don't provide a huge opportunity to write (but I do have a lot of handwritten notes to transcribe when I can).

I have spent about four nights at home since the end of February and I returned from my first trip to discover... my phone line is dead. All the rain has damaged a number of exchanges and I am one of the unlucky ones. So no phone means no internet, but at least I'm not missing it too much, as I couldn't use it even if I wanted to. This is scheduled to be fixed by April 16th (yeah the telco is really placing a priority on this).

Everything settles down after Easter and I can happily announce that I have a couple of chapters of Pentonbridge Pig written (just need to be typed and proofed), a chapter of My Very Own almost finished and very close to a new chapter of Sarah Porter as well.

So over the next few weeks and months I hope to settle back into the steady rhythm of updates and juggling multiples stories (I know I made this rod for my own back).

Thank you so much for all the words of encouragement. I promise not to be gone so long again.

Jason


5 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you in a more or less positive way, Jason. having to get a new computer isn't always a good thing, but should prove beneficiary in the days/weeks/months/etc. to come.
    Dead landlines can be a drag -something I will experience between March 29 (date I switch apartments) and April 4 (day the Internet provider will adapt the landline in my new apartment to VDSL.
    Will only be a week without phone/Internet, but annoying nevertheless...
    Am looking forward to updates of any kind to whatever story you're working on, amigo.
    Cheerio,
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason,

    Thanks for letting us know you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you are well, and that normal Programming is soon to be resumed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for keeping us posted.

    Good to know that you are all right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is everything going? Any news?

    ReplyDelete